Hotel DeFair, pdf [GT02-002] Listed 1976/10/29
The two-and-one-half-story frame structure was built in 1898 by Mrs. Rena Fair in the French Second Empire style. In 1929 the front porch was enclosed, and the entire building was stuccoed. Hyannis emerged as a "cowtown" of the Sand Hills area in the 1890s, and the hotel catered to the ranchers who brought their herds of cattle to Hyannis for railroad shipment to market.
How to list a property on the National Register
Return to Nebraska National Register Sites Index Page
Return to National Register information