Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

Presbyterian Church (Alexandria, Neb.)


RG4904.AM:  Presbyterian Church (Alexandria, Neb.)

Records:  1872-1962
Alexandria, Thayer County, Neb.:  Presbyterian church
Size:  1 reel of microfilm

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of one reel of microfilm containing nine volumes arranged in two series: 1) Records of the Meridian German Presbyterian Church, 1873-1925; and 2) Records of the Alexandria Presbyterian Church, 1872-1962. The material in this collection relates to the activities of the two churches. The Meridian church was organized in 1873 and merged with the Alexandria church in 1925. The Alexandria Presbyterian Church was organized February 11, 1872. These records were loaned for microfilming in February of 1961 and February of 1963.

DESCRIPTION

Series 1 - Records of the Meridian German Presbyterian Church, 1873-1925

Reel 1
Volume
  1. Session records, 1873-1902
    Baptismal records, in German, 1873-1901
  2. Session records, 1902-1922
    Baptismal records, in German, 1906-1912
  3. Session records, in German, 1873-1925

Series 2 - Records of the Alexandria Presbyterian Church, 1872-1962

  1. Session records, 1874-1924
    Baptismal records, 1881-1923
  2. Session record, 1924-1927
    Baptismal records, 1923-1925
  3. Session records, 1926-1947
  4. Church register, 1923-1948
  5. Church register, 1948-1962
  6. Session records, 1948-1962

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Alexandria (Neb.) -- Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Meridian German Presbyterian Church (Alexandria, Neb.)
Presbyterian Church in Nebraska
Presbyterian Church (Alexandria, Neb.)
Thayer County (Neb.) -- Churches

 

Revised 10-14-2009   TMM

 

For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.


NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/research/manuscripts/church/alexandria-church.htm
Last updated 14 October 2009

For questions or comments on the website itself, email nshs.web@nebraska.gov
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved