RG4095.AM: Butler Avenue Congregational Church (Lincoln, Neb.)
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: Congregational church
Size: 3 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
The Butler Avenue Congregational Church (Lincoln, Neb.) was organized in May of 1895. It purchased a building at 1200 Butler Avenue from the Baptist Church, and for several years the Vine Congregational Church also held services there. The congregation was served by two women ministers: Laura H. Wild, 1901-1905 and Mrs. Rosa L. Robb, 1922-1928. Membership declined during the 1930s and 1940s, and the building became the Belmont Community Center. The building was sold in the 1950s.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the Butler Avenue Congregational Church of Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of three volumes on one reel of microfilm, arranged in one series: 1) Records, 1922-1951. The first volume is the register containing lists of officers, members, and baptisms as well as minutes of meetings. This volume covers the years 1923-1945, though some information from an earlier register has been copied into it. The second volume contains annual reports for 1922-1935, and the third volume is the treasurer's book, 1934-1951.
This collection was loaned for microfilming in June of 1982 by the Nebraska Conference of the United Church of Christ.
Note: Additional earlier records of the Butler Avenue Congregational Church (Lincoln, Neb.) are located in the United Church of Christ, Nebraska Conference collection [RG2678].
Series 1 - Records, 1922-1951Reel 1
- Register, 1923-1945
- Annual Reports, 1922-1935
- Treasurer's Book, 1934-1951
Butler Avenue Congregational Church (Lincoln, Neb.)
Congregational Church in Nebraska
Lincoln (Neb.) -- Churches
Lancaster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Women -- Nebraska
Revised 05-04-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.