RG4191.AM: St. John's Lutheran Church (Byron, Neb.)
Byron, Thayer County, Neb.: Lutheran church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
St. John's Lutheran Church was established approximately four miles northeast of Byron in Thayer County, Nebraska, in 1907 by a group of German-speaking people. It was dissolved in 1962, and members transferred to other nearby Lutheran congregations.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of St. John's Lutheran Church at Byron, Nebraska, consists of one volume on one reel of microfilm arranged in one series: 1) Record Book, 1907-1962. This volume contains the list of pastors, members, baptisms, confirmations, marriages and funerals for the duration of the congregation's existence.
Note: This volume is in the collections of the American Lutheran Church Archives in Dubuque, Iowa, which filmed it in December of 1978. The Nebraska State Historical Society acquired a copy of the film in December of 1984. Researchers interested in obtaining a copy of the microfilm should contact the American Lutheran Church Archives in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Record Book, 1907-1962
Byron (Neb.) -- Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
St. John's Lutheran Church (Byron, Neb.)
Thayer County (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 10-14-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.