RG4038.AM: First Baptist Church (David City, Neb.)
David City, Butler County, Neb.: Baptist church
Size: 2 reels of microfilm containing 8 volumes
Beginning in the early 1870s, the Rev. Jacob Earnhart, a Baptist minister and farmer living near Octavia, held services in various farmhouses. The Baptist Church was officially organized in October of 1879. In the following year a small, unused church building was moved to David City from Schuyler. In 1899 the church moved to a building on the present site which was purchased from the Lutheran Synod.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the First Baptist Church of David City, Nebraska, on two reels of microfilm, is arranged in 2 series: 1) Record Books, 1895-1980 and 2) Miscellany, 1950-1977. There are eight volumes of record books, all containing minutes of church meetings and lists of members. In addition, the later volumes contain frequent entries of events and activities concerning the church. The book for the years 1945-1950 includes a brief history of the church (pgs. 35-41) and a list of all members to 1962 (pgs. 279-300), complied from existing record books.
Series 1 - Record Books, 1895-1980Reel 1
- 1945-1950 (includes history of the church, pgs. 35-41, and a list of members to 1962, pgs. 279-300)
Series 2 - Miscellany, 1950-1977Item
- Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Minutes of Organizational Meeting, 1977
- Church history published in 1950
Baptist Church in Nebraska
Churches -- Nebraska -- Butler County
David City (Neb.) -- Churches
First Baptist Church (David City, Neb.)
Revised 08-09-2008 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.