RG4135.AM: Immanuel Lutheran Church (Daykin, Neb.)
Daykin, Jefferson County, Neb.: Lutheran Church
Size: 7 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
Families of German Lutherans in northwestern Jefferson County were served by churches in Tobias and Hoag until they organized their own congregation at Daykin in 1891. The first resident pastor arrived from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, in 1893. The following year the congregation joined the Missouri Synod of the Lutheran Church. The fist church building was constructed on seven acres of land donated by Fred Jarchow. In 1910 a new building was dedicated and the original church served the congregation for a variety of purposes, including that of a day school, until it was sold in 1950. During the 1920s services began to be conducted in the English language, and the use of German was slowly abandoned in worship.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the Immanuel Lutheran Church of Daykin, Nebraska, consists of seven items arranged in two series: 1) Records, 1891-1982 and 2) Church Histories, 1941-1966. The first series consists of minutes of meetings, communions, marriages, and burials dating from 1891-1982. The second series consists of three anniversary booklets containing historical information about the congregation.
Series 1 - Records, 1891-1982Reel 1
- Minutes, 1891-1925
- Minutes, 1930-1963 (located at end of reel, following frame #301)
- Minutes, 1972-1981
- Register, 1892-1961
- Register, 1962-1982
Series 2 - Church Histories, 1941-1966Reel 1
- Golden Jubilee, August 31, 1941
- Dedication of the Parish Hall, April 16, 1950
- Diamond Jubilee, August 28, 1966
Daykin (Neb.) -- Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Immanuel Lutheran Church (Daykin, Neb.)
Jefferson County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
Revised 11-26-2008 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.