Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

First Congregational Church (Kearney, Neb.)

RG3223.AM:  First Congregational Church (Kearney, Neb.)

Records:  1872-1919
Kearney, Buffalo County, Neb.:  Congregational church
Size:  1 reel of microfilm containing 2 volumes


The First Congregational Church of Kearney, Nebraska was organized in 1872 in a hotel, the Murphy House, by Reverend L.B. Fifield. The first church building was constructed in 1877. The church was disbanded by a vote of the congregation in 1919 and its property was turned over to the Nebraska Congregational Conference.


This collection consists of two volumes of records of the First Congregational Church, Kearney, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. These records relate to church activities, 1872-1919. Included are the Church Constitution; list of pastors, deacons, members, marriages, and minutes of both Church meetings and the Board of Trustees.


Reel 1
  1. Records, 1872-1902
  2. Records, 1872-1919



Churches -- Nebraska -- Buffalo County
First Congregational Church (Kearney, Neb.)
Kearney (Neb.) -- Churches


Revised 08-09-2008   TMM


For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.

NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top
Last updated 13 February 2009

For questions or comments on the website itself, email
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved