RG4060.AM: Ebenezer United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 3 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
In 1915 a group of families led by Rev. J.F. Grove decided to withdraw from the Zion Congregational Church and form a fourth German Congregational Church in the newly developing area of southwest Lincoln. The new church was named the German Ebenezer Evangelical Congregational Church and was accepted into the Nebraska Congregational Conference. A building was constructed on the southeast corner of 8th and B Streets. All services and activities were conducted in the German language until English was introduced in the 1930s. Not until the 1950s was the use of German eliminated completely.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the Ebenezer United Church of Christ of Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of three volumes arranged in two series on one reel of microfilm: 1) Minute Books, 1915-1928; and 2) Registers, 1915-1981. The registers contain lists of members, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and burials. The minutes were recorded in the German language.
This collection was loaned for microfilming in August of 1981.
Series 1 - Minute Books, 1915-1928Reel 1
Series 2 - Registers, 1915-1981
Congregational Church in Nebraska
Ebenezer United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
German Evangelical Congregational Church in Nebraska
Germans from Russia
Lancaster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lincoln (Neb.) -- Churches
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
Revised 05-18-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.