Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

St. John's United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)


RG4040.AM:  St. John's United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)

Records:  1907-1967
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.:  United Church of Christ
Size:  1 reel of microfilm

HISTORICAL NOTE

Evangelical St. John's Church was organized in 1907 by a group of Germans from Russia in the "North Bottoms" area of Lincoln, Nebraska. The congregation belonged to the Evangelical Synod of North America until it became independent in 1926. In 1949 it joined the German Congregational Association of Nebraska and then became a member of the United Church of Christ when that body formed in the 1960s. In 1967 St. John's United Church of Christ merged with nearby Salem United Church of Christ to form Faith United Church of Christ. The new church occupies the old Salem buildings and the St. John's property was sold.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection of records of St. John's United Church of Christ of Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of one volume on one reel of microfilm. This volume dates from 1907-1967 and contains records of membership, baptisms, marriages and burials. It was loaned for microfilming in April of 1981 by the Faith United Church of Christ and is filmed on one reel together with the records of Salem United Church of Christ. Records of Faith United Church of Christ were also microfilmed under this same collection number. They are on Reel 2 of the collection.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume
  1. Church records, 1907-1967

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Congregational Church in Nebraska
Evangelical Synod of North America
Faith United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
Germans from Russia in Nebraska
Lancaster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lincoln (Neb.) -- Churches
Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
St. John's United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
United Church of Christ in Nebraska

 

Revised 06-05-2009   TMM

 

For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.


NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/research/manuscripts/church/lincoln-stjohn.htm
Last updated 05 June 2009

For questions or comments on the website itself, email nshs.web@nebraska.gov
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved