RG4208.AM: St. Matthew's Episcopal Church (Lincoln, Neb.)
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: Episcopal church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm and 1 oversized folder
St. Matthew's Mission was organized in 1925 to aid Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in serving the growing area of south Lincoln. It has always occupied a church building at 24th and Sewell Streets. In January of 1934 it gained the status of an independent parish. In 1939 a parish house was dedicated, and in 1956 an educational building was constructed.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of St. Matthew's Episcopal Church of Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of eight volumes on one reel of microfilm and one oversized folder of architectural drawings. The first two volumes contain a record of communicants (members), baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and burials for the first decade of the church's existence. In later years, each of these has been recorded in a separate volume.
- Parish Register, 1926-1941
- Parish Register, 1942-1977
- Register of Communicants, 1960-1985
- Register of Baptisms, 1961-1985
- Register of confirmations, 1955-1985
- Register of Marriages, 1960-1977
- Register of Marriages, 1977-1985
- Register of Burials, 1977-1985
Architectural drawings (not available through interlibrary loan)
Episcopal Church in Nebraska
Lancaster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lincoln (Neb.) -- Churches
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church (Lincoln, Neb.)
Revised 05-29-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.