RG4166.AM: First Lutheran Church (Syracuse, Neb.)
Syracuse, Otoe County, Neb.: Lutheran church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
This congregation, organized in October of 1880, held services in a schoolhouse about five miles northwest of Syracuse in Otoe County, Nebraska, until its church building was completed a year later, located on Poplar between Third and Fourth Streets. In the early 1890s a parsonage was acquired, and in 1898 a schoolroom was added to the church. The first pastor was the Rev. C. Naumann. Services were conducted in the German language until the mid-1930s. In 1972 the congregation was disbanded, and the building became the Otoe County Museum of Memories.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the First Lutheran Church of Syracuse, Nebraska, consists of four volumes on one reel of microfilm arranged in one series: 1) Records, 1880-1971. The records contain registers of baptisms, marriages, funerals, and confirmations, as well as minutes of meetings. They were written in the German language until the mid-1930s. The original records are in the office of the Nebraska Synod, Lutheran Church in America located in Omaha.
Series 1 - Records, 1880-1971Reel 1
- Register of Baptisms, 1880-1903
- Register of Marriages, 1880-1903
- Register of Funerals and of Confirmations; Minutes of Meetings, 1880-1903
- Register, 1904-1971
First Lutheran Church (Syracuse, Neb.)
German Evangelical Lutheran Church in Nebraska
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
Otoe County (Neb.) -- Churches
Syracuse (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 06-12-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.