RG3421.AM: Congregational Christian Church (Uehling, Neb.)
Uehling, Dodge County, Neb.: Congregational Church
Size: 2 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
The Uehling Congregational Church was organized as a direct outgrowth of missionary work done in the northeast Nebraska area by the American Sunday School Union. The church organizational meeting was held on August 15, 1906 and the first church building was erected the same year. Rev. Alexander Nesbit was the first minister, taking the pulpit on January 15, 1907.
In September of 1938, the Logan Valley Bank Building of Uehling was purchased for use as a parish hall. The original church building was remodeled and redecorated between 1949-1951 and was rededicated on November 18, 1951. The Uehling Congregational Church observed its 50th Anniversary on July 1, 1956, at which time it had 125 members.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of two volumes of records of the Congregational Christian Church of Uehling, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. The volumes consist of church registers dating from 1906-1972 and relate to the history and activities of the Church. Included in the volumes are data regarding memberships, officers, marriages, and minutes of church meetings. The records were loaned for microfilming in August of 1973.
- Church register, 1906-1939, including members, officers, vital statistics, and minutes of church meetings
- Church register, 1940-1972, including members, officers, vital statistics, and minutes of church meetings to 1949
Congregational Church in Nebraska
Congregational Christian Church (Uehling, Neb.)
Dodge County (Neb.) -- Churches
Uehling (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 09-24-2008 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.