RG3303.AM: Charles W. Giddings, 1811-1879
Table Rock, Pawnee County, Neb.: Minister and early settler
Size: 1 box; 0.25 cu.ft.
Rev. Charles W. Giddings was born May 28, 1810 in New Haven, Connecticut. He was one of the earliest settlers of Nebraska and was one of the founders of Table Rock, Pawnee County. He was Presiding Elder of the Methodist Church of Table Rock for many years. Rev. Giddings died December 23, 1879 at his home in Table Rock. He was known as the "Father of Table Rock."
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of various legal documents dating from 1843-1913. The documents relate to the establishment of the Nebraska Settlement Company; the founding and incorporation of Table Rock, Nebraska; and land given to the Atchison and Nebraska Railroad, as reflected in warranty deeds.
Note: See the Nebraska History index for various articles relating to Charles W. Giddings.
- Military Land Warrant, Indenture, 1843-1855
- Constitution and Articles of Association of the Nebraska Settlement Company, 1856
- Bill of goods sent by steamboat for Table Rock; 2 warranty deeds, 1857
- Papers concerning founding and incorporation of Table Rock, 1858
- Deeds, 1859
- An Act to Incorporate Table Rock; warranty deeds, 1860-1862
- Warranty deeds; an act to vacate certain portions of the town, 1865-1869
- Warranty deeds, 1870-1874
- Warranty deeds; an act to vacate certain portions of the town, 1875-1879
- Petition to County Board for Incorporation, 1883
- Petition for Annexation of additional land, 1886
- Pennsylvania Lands, 1913
- List of land owned by Giddings, undated
Atchison and Nebraska Railroad
Giddings, Charles W., 1811-1879
Nebraska Settlement Company
Pawnee County (Neb.) -- History
Table Rock (Neb.) -- History
Encoded TMM 04-07-2010
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.