RG3127.AM: Exon Family
Charles Mix County, South Dakota:
Size: 1 reel of microfilm containing 22 items
Members of the family of former Nebraska Governor and U.S. Senator John James Exon, Jr., came from Bradford, England, to settle in Winnipeg, Canada, and then moved to South Dakota.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the papers of the Exon Family, 1858-1946, consists of twenty-two items on one reel of microfilm. These papers include wills, deeds, naturalization papers, certificates, insurance policies, and issues of the Charles Mix County, South Dakota, Courier and the Lake Andes, South Dakota, Wave. The papers concern family members living in England and South Dakota. The collection was loaned for microfilming by the Exon family on August 20, 1972.
Note: For materials regarding the political career of J. James Exon, see the Nebraska Governor's papers [RG1, SG40] and the J. James Exon senatorial papers [RG4932]. For published sources regarding J. James Exon, see the NSHS Library Catalog and the Nebraska History Index.
- Letter to "my dear James" from H.M. Holdin, St. Bartholomews Vicarage, Bradford, England, May 1, 1882
- Copy of the will of Sarah Exon, Blue Springs, Nebraska, August 27, 1907
- Will of James H. Exon, Lake Andes, South Dakota, September 29, 1921
- Will of James H. Exon, Lake Andes, South Dakota, May 17, 1927
- Warranty Deed, James H. Exon to sons Arthur R., Walter E. and John J. and Daughter Dorothy J. Elliott, May 13, 1940; land in Wheeler, South Dakota
- Will of Sarah Exon, Blue Springs, Nebraska, August 27, 1907
- Family record of James Henry Exon
- Naturalization papers of Emma Smith, Yankton, South Dakota, November 28, 1882
- Farewell poem to honor James Exon upon his leaving Bradford, England, for Winnipeg, Canada, May 3, 1882
- Baptism certificate of James Henry Exon, August 8, 1858
- Papers relating to the classification of John James Exon by the Selective Service Board, 1918
- Teacher's Certificate of Emma Smith, Great Britain, December 1879
- Vaccination certificate of James Henry Exon, Bradford, England, 1896
- Insurance policy of James H. Exon with Fraternal Brotherhood of the World, April 29, 1899
- Freemasons' membership certificates, 1827 and undated
- Invitation to tea, Bradford, England, July 5, 1902
- Copy of an address to King Charles II of England
- Notebook containing chemistry notes, 1880, and a letter to "Will" from Arthur Exon, September 28, 1889
- Charles Mix County, South Dakota, Courier, December 13, 1917
- Charles Mix County, South Dakota, News, November 1, 1923
- Charles Mix County, South Dakota, Courier, November 1, 1923
- Lake Andes, South Dakota, Wave, September 1, 1941; August 29, 1946
Encoded TMM 04-01-2010
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.