RG2007.AM: Marian Douglas (Jones) Kilpatrick
Beatrice, Nebraska: Genealogist
Size: 0.75 cu. ft., 2 boxes
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of reminiscences and genealogical materials compiled by Marian Kilpatrick. The materials are arranged in two series: (1) Reminiscences and (2) Genealogy.
Series 1 contains reminiscences of various people, mostly from around Gage County, Nebraska. The majority of reminiscences relates to homesteading and includes information about grasshopper plagues, tornados, conflicts with Native Americans, and other problems faced by early pioneers in Nebraska. Of particular note is the "History of Gage County," compiled by W.H. Somers for the centennial celebration in Beatrice, Nebraska on July 4, 1876.
Series 2 consists of genealogical materials compiled by Marian Kilpatrick on the various lines of her and her husbandís families. Mrs. Kilpatrick had separated the materials into the "European lines" and the "American lines." Some of the family lines represented include Kilpatrick, Jones, Emerson, Pollard, Palmer, Colby, and Goodwin. The genealogical materials were left in the order maintained by Mrs. Kilpatrick, which was roughly alphabetical.
Robert J. Kilpatrick donated these materials in September 1930 in memory of his wife, Marian D. Kilpatrick.
Series 1 - ReminiscencesBox 1
- Barnard, Nellie Filley (Gage Co.)
- Bradt, William (Beatrice, Gage Co.)
- Clark, William F. (Pine Ridge, SD)
- Coleman, Emma S. (Beatrice, Gage Co.)
- Fuller, Elizabeth V. (Gage Co.)
- Johnson, Minnie M. (Gage Co.)
- Merchant, Mrs. T.O. (Saline Co.)
- Miller, Nellie Robbins (Gage/Jefferson Co.)
- Moss, Mr. & Mrs. G.A.J. (Pawnee Co.)
- Robbins, Carrie Horton (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Shelley, Mary (Gage Co.)
- Vance, Laura Roper (Nuckolls Co.)
- "History of Gage County, Nebraska," compiled by W.H. Somers (1876, July 4)
Series 2 - Genealogy
- European lines, pt. 1
- European lines, pt. 2
- European lines, pt. 3
- European lines, pt. 4 (see also OB019)
- American lines, pt. 1
- American lines, pt. 2
Beatrice (Neb.) -- History
Frontier and pioneer life -- Nebraska -- Gage County
Gage County (Neb.) -- History
Nebraska -- Genealogy
Pioneers -- Nebraska -- Biography
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.