RG1264.AM: Nebraska State Bar Association
Programs, publications, etc.: 1876-1960; mostly 1930s-1950s
Nebraska: Professional organization
Size: 1 folder
The first official constitution and by-laws for the Nebraska State Bar Association were adopted on January 6, 1876. The constitution stated that the object of the Association was "to maintain a high standard of professional integrity among the members of the Nebraska Bar, to cultivate social intercourse and courtesy among them; to encourage a thorough and liberal legal education, and to assist in the improvement of the Law and the due administration of justice to all classes of society without distinction." S.H. Calhoun served as the first president of the Nebraska State Bar Association.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of a handful of documents relating to the Nebraska State Bar Association. The moving image component of the collection [RG1264.MI] consists of videocassettes of oral history interviews and discussions, 1996-1998, with John T. Grant, Leslie Boslaugh, Hale McCown, Roman L. Hruska, Frank B. Morrison, Carl T. Curtis, William C. Hastings, C. Thomas White, and Norman M. Krivosha. Each tape runs approximately sixty minutes. See also the NSHS Library Catalog for additional publications by the Nebraska State Bar Association.
- Constitution and by-laws of the Nebraska State Bar Association adopted January 6, 1876, including a list of officers and members
- "A Letter from the Special Committee on Bar Integration," ca. 1935
- Program of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Nebraska State Bar Association held at the Hotel Cornhusker, Lincoln, Neb., Dec. 28-29, 1938
- Menu from the 40th Annual Dinner of the Nebraska State Bar Association held at the Hotel Fontenelle, Omaha, Neb., Dec. 27, 1939
- Program of the 53rd Annual Meeting of the Nebraska State Bar Association held at the Hotel Paxton, Omaha, Neb., Nov. 13-14, 1952
- Program of the 53rd Annual Meeting of the Nebraska State Bar Association held at the Hotel Paxton, Omaha, Neb., Nov. 13-14, 1952 (2nd copy)
- Program of the Nebraska State Bar Association's 14th Annual Institute on Federal Tax Law held at the Elks Club, Alliance, Neb., Dec. 10-11, 1956; Hotel Yancey, Grand Island, Neb., Dec. 12-13, 1956; and Hotel Paxton, Omaha, Neb., Dec. 14-15, 1956
- Letter from NSBA secretary George H. Turner to the Nebraska State Historical Society, Sept. 12, 1960
Associations -- Nebraska
Judges -- Nebraska
Law -- History
Lawyers -- Nebraska -- Associations
Nebraska State Bar Association
Revised TMM 07-24-2009
Revised TMM 05-14-2012
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.