RG5382.AM: U.S.S. Omaha (Steamship)
Size: 1 folder
Built in the Philadelphia Navy Yard between 1867 and 1869, the U.S.S. Omaha was originally called the "Astoria." The ship was re-named in 1869 and commissioned in 1872. The ship was built to help protect American shipping interests and served in various capacities from 1872-1914.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The manuscript component of this collection contains correspondence, February-March 1930, relating to the production of an article about the U.S.S. Omaha for the Crete News. Also includes typescripts of portions of the article, a copy of the article, and miscellaneous materials.
The photograph component [RG5382.PH] of this collection contains one copy print of the U.S.S. Omaha, 1868.
Note: For more detailed information about the U.S.S. Omaha, see the U.S.S. Astoria website.
United States -- History -- Naval operations
11-03-2009 Revised TMM/tmm
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.