Digital Conversion Methodology
Digital Conversion Equipment
Request a Brochure
Digital Imaging Fees
The Nebraska State Historical Society can provide all the scanning services you may need for your special digital imaging project. We can offer:
- State-of-the-art quality scans for preservation and access purposes.
- Safe digitization of priceless, fragile collections at the highest image quality that is currently available with today's technology.
- A facility that offers storage, handling, environmental control, and security that meets the highest standards of the museum profession.
- Highly trained professional conservators, curators, and museum technicians supervise all work with collections during the entire digitization process.
- Professional assistance in a variety of museum areas to help even the smallest institutions find the financial resources necessary to develop successful imaging projects. Conservation Contacts
Katie Roubideaux at age 8, John Anderson photographer RG2969.PH:2-165
Digital Imaging Fees
Digital imaging fees are based on the size of the original object and the resolution of the image file. For objects larger than 12x17 inches see the information about digital camera capture.
Minimum charge for digital imaging is $50
Turn around times start at FOUR WEEKS and will be longer, depending on the size of the project.
A RUSH service of two business days is available at $250 per scan
800 pixels per inch (minimum recommended resolution-not recommended for 35mm slides)
Originals up to 4x5 inches $10 Between 4x5 and 8x12 $15 Between 8x12 and 12x17 $30
2400 pixels per inch
35mm slides $5 Originals up to 4x5 inches $20 Between 4x5 and 8x12 $30 Between 8x12 and 12x17 $60
3175 pixels per inch
35mm slides $7 Originals up to 45 inches $30 Between 4x5 and 8x12 $60 grayscale only (RGB files too large for CD storage media) Between 8x12 and 12x17 (not available - file sizes too large for CD storage media)
Digital Camera Capture
For objects larger than 12x17 inches, for objects too fragile to invert for flatbed scanning, and for three dimensional objects, imaging fees are based on files size.
Flat objects over 12x17 inches $20 Three dimensional objects $20 Fragile objects $20
Flat objects over 12x17 inches $50 Three dimensional objects $50 Fragile objects $50
Image Manipulation Services
When requested by the client, image manipulation is available. No image manipulation will take place on master files; however, we do offer limited touch-up services, image stitching, and adjustments to contrast, tone, etc. Image manipulation is available as time permits.
$75 an hour (1 hour minimum)
Glossary of Digital Imaging Terms
Request a Brochure / Contact Digital Imaging
For information regarding the Digital Imaging Laboratory at the Nebraska State Historical Society's Gerald R. Ford Conservation Center, or to request a brochure, contact the Conservation Center at 402-595-1399.
Help Us Digitize the Nebraska State Historical Society photograph collections and make them available to you on this website.