Objectives: Pupils will
- learn about the various styles of homes used by the early settlers
- learn about what it was like to live in these homes
- learn about the construction methods and materials of these homes.
- The settlers used the only available resources to build their homes.
- The settlers homes were made of sod, logs, brick, stone, and lumber.
- Skilled workers such as stone-cutters and sawmill workers were needed to make the materials for some homes while others, like sod and log houses, could be built by most settlers.
Materials and Vocabulary