The Kingston Cemetery is located on the hill just west of this marker. Founded in the early 1870s, the cemetery was the final resting place for nearly thirty of Kingston's early settlers. In 1887 the Kingston settlement was moved to the rail junction and renamed Pauline. The cemetery was later abandoned.
Just northeast of this marker is the site where John C. Fremont's party camped on June 25, 1842, while mapping the route known as the Oregon Trail.
Pauline Centennial Committee
Nebraska State Historical Society
East of Ayr on Hwy. 74, approx. 1000 ft. east of Ref. Post 34