With the establishment of the Neligh Mill and the platting of the town of Neligh, a crossing of the Elkhorn River here aided farm-to-market commerce. This bridge, built in 1910, replaced an earlier span at this location. It is a pin-connected Pratt through truss, a mainstay of early Nebraska wagon bridges. It serves as a reminder of bridges' importance to the development of Nebraska towns, commerce, and industry. The bridge is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Antelope County Board of Supervisors
Nebraska Department of Roads
Nebraska State Historical Society
U.S. 275, Neligh Mills State Historic Site, Neligh