Paragon Lutheran Church evolved from Bow Valley Evangelical Lutheran Church, established in 1873. Founding families were Albert Erdenberger, Bernhard Olsen, Martin Bottolfsen, and John Anderson. Services were conducted in homes, the District 24 schoolhouse, and in Hartington until Paragon Lutheran Church was built in 1904. Bernhard and Maren Olsen donated the cemetery ground in 1876; Nils Seim was the first burial. Along with the church, cemetery, and school, the Paragon community once included a gristmill, post office, and general store.
Paragon Cemetery Association
Nebraska State Historical Society
88498 567 Ave., Hartington