The village of Pleasant Hill once stood in the valley to the east. Founded in 1867, it became a thriving community with several businesses, including a general store, post office, sawmill, and gristmill. From 1871 to 1878 Pleasant Hill was the Saline County seat. Peak population was 246 in 1900. Fires, loss of the county seat to Wilber, and the lack of a railroad led to the town's decline. After the gristmill burned in 1930, Pleasant Hill faded away.
BSA Troop 212
The Warren Cerny Family
Nebraska State Historical Society, 2009
Pleasant Hill Cemetery, County Road (CR) HH, east of Dorchester