This building, measuring 14 by 16 feet, was one of the smallest schoolhouses in Nebraska. It was used by Furnas County District 102, formed on October 7, 1896. The last class was held in 1935. The district was dissolved and the area attached to District 59 on September 30, 1949. Originally located 3 1/2 miles SE of Edison, the building was moved here in 1968.
Merlin R. Garey Memorial Fund
Nebraska State Historical Society