About 1871 what is known as Youst Cemetery was established
on the homestead
of Samuel B. and Mary Elizabeth Hunt Youst. Youst, S.B. Chapman, and Richard M.
Hunt were the first settlers on Beaver Creek, arriving from Lucas County, Iowa in 1870.
After the village of Hampton was established in 1880, approximately one mile to the
north, many early residents were buried here. Civil War veterans buried in the cemetery
are Samuel B. Youst, Lewis M. Hunt, Stanford May, G.W. Hiatt, Benjamin Conner, Alva
Misner, and Fred Smith.
Village of Hampton
Save the Youst Cemetery Project
Nebraska State Historical Society
Corner of State Hwy. L41D and Co. Rd E12, 1 mile south of Hampton