Built in 1883, the structure was used as a church until 1906. The property was used as a private residence until it was given to the Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Education Foundation in 1968. The church became the property of the Nebraska State Historical Society in 1978.
St. Juliana Falconieri Catholic Church is the church in which Annie Pavelka, "Antonia," was married and where her illegitimate child was baptized. Architecturally the church is a significant vernacular structure, a fine specimen of modest church architecture for the period and, aside from the depot, the most impressive architectural feature of South Red Cloud.
Read Historical Marker Text